Le Life Resort has not 1 but 2 signature 'Going Offline' Adventures that are an absolute MUST DO while your in Vanuatu!
Hunters & Gatherers Cooking Adventure
This is no ordinary cooking class! It’s is a jam-packed food adventure that includes some fun, some laughs, and a whole lot of authentic culinary delights! Put your hunting and gathering skills to the test as you make a real Vanuatu feast!
- Wine, dine, and enjoy the sunshine with a three-course feast on the beach
- Learn the art of traditional Vanuatu cooking with modern techniques
- Have some silly fun with traditional hunter/gatherer roles and challenges
- Meet the local farmers and fishermen
- Duration: 5.5 hours
- Meeting point: Le Life Resort (transfers can be arranged)
- Starting time: 10.30 AM
- Finishing time: 2:30 PM
Calling all adventure seekers! Experience the best of island life on this full-day Adventure Trail that includes kayaking, hiking, swimming, sunning, and even a lesson on how to survive in the jungle.
- Kayak along the stunning Epule River, past mangroves and native marine life
- Hike through the jungle then cool off with a refreshing swim in crystal-clear cascades
- Enjoy afternoon tea of local treats around a bonfire in the rainforest
- Stop in at a village and chat with locals about Vanuatu traditions while you sample some kava
- Learn ancient tribal methods for surviving in the jungle
This unqiue experience is only available at Le Life Resort in Epule, 59 kilometres (and a two-hour drive) from the capital city of Port Vila. Epule is a stunning place, home to loads of majestic natural wonders waiting to be discovered, along with amazing attractions to be embraced, and scenic opportunities to be explored!
With no time to waste, we’ll start your wilderness tour along the stunning freshwater river in Epule, surrounded by lush rainforest and the vast landscape that is North Efate. After a brief safety chat from your guides, we’ll strap on our vests, line up the kayaks, and be on our way. "We're on our way, from misery to happiness today..." (Singing along not required.)
We’ll start things off slowly, stroking our paddles through the calm currents of the Epule river, and you’ll feel all your worries wash away — after all, you’re on island time now! Breathe in the fresh air as you surrender to paradise. It’ll be peace and tranquility at its best, the kind of moment that makes you want to let out a long, soothing sigh. As we paddle, you’ll see fish beneath you in the clear waters, and be sure to keep an eye out for our friendly dugong. We call him Doug.
Heading inland up the river, we’ll play around and practice balancing on our newly converted paddleboards, before racing to the river’s end to enjoy a quick dip. Next up, we’re heading inland, and you’ll learn a few survival skills for tackling the jungle.
Included: Local English-speaking guide, use of kayaks, snacks for afternoon tea, kava tasting, cascade entry fee (payment to a local village).
Duration: 5 hours with return transfers to and from Port Vila. Available throughout the whole year. Min 2 booking.
Check out the Urban Adventures site here for more tour information
Book Direct & Save! Contact our friendly team today for availability